Drop Down Menu



Welcome to First Gate Business Service New Page 1

Abscond Reporting at Labour & Immigration-UAE

Required Documents:
Personal file Print-out from Immigration to prove that the person is inside country. Fees: Dh120 to be paid at immigration.
Passport copy
Labour card copy
Labour Establishment Card copy
Original E-signature card of the authorized signatory
Date of abscond
Abscond can be reported only after 7 days of absence
Application Fee: Dh53 should be paid at Tas'heel Centre

Steps to Follow
Type electronic abscond application from Tas'heel Centre
Wait for online approval by next day
Take approval print-out and submit at Immigration Department along with Trade License copy & Immigration Establishment Card copy
Immigration fee: Dh340 (Dubai)
Air Ticket fare should be deposited at Immigration for some nationalities.

Immigration fee: Dh5350 (Sharjah). Part of the amount will refunded after employee's exit.

Payment at Thas'heel Centre
should be made through E-Dirham Card. You can Buy E-Dirham Card from any branch of National Bank of Abu Dhabi or from Aafaq Islamic Finance Company found at Thas'heel branches. Take your Emirates ID & Passport copy to for E-dirham Card.

Incase of fake abscond reporting, employer shall pay Dh10,000 penalty and company file will be banned from transaction.

Frequently Asked Question
Fine if absconding report is cancelled
It has to be noted that there might be a fine of Dh10,000 imposed upon the company. As general rule, there are two situations where the absconding report may be cancelled either by an employer or by employee:
By employer: An employer may cancel an absconding report if he gives an approval that there was an error in the absconding report. For example, the name included was wrong or the employee was hospitalised or was imprisoned and was consequently absent from work without information.
By employee: An employee may cancel an absconding report if he can prove his presence at work while he was reported absconding, or has a valid proof for his confinement to the hospital or jail during that period.

Furthermore, if an employer submits the report, he has to provide the authorised signature keeping in view that the following fine may be imposed in case of fake or conspired absconding report:
1) Dh10,000 fine in case of fake report
2) Companies of the owners and all other firms with partners will be blocked unless he pays Dh10,000
3) Bank guarantee amount will not be refunded by Ministry of Labour
4) The category of the company will be changed to C.

However, in case of false report, if there is proof that the employee had not been working in the company for the last three months or more and instead was working with another company holding the visa of the old company, the employee may be given a one-year ban even if the report is cancelled. In case it is established that the institution/company from which the employee was reported absconding is nonexistent, then, the absconding report will not be cancelled. In such an event, the employer will be fined Dh10,000 and all his firms will be blacklisted. (KT)

Abscond Reporting while the employee is out of UAE
 Six months ago I went on vacation to my home country and did not return to the UAE. Will this affect me in case I want to come back after six months to work for another company? Can my employer file an absconder complaint at the Ministry of Labour? Someone told me that an employer can file a complaint even if the employee is not in the country.
A: Abscond reporting is not possible while the employee is out of UAE. Ministry of Labour will  ask personal file print of the employee from Immigration to verify whether the employee is inside or outside of the country. If the report shows that the person is out of UAE, Ministry will not accept abscond complaint. But the employee will get a ban for one year in case the employer requests this during cancellation of the employee’s labour card and visa after six months.

Insisting for taking unpaid leave
Q: I didn't get salary for last three months. My company is insisting me to take unpaid leave.But I fear they will file absconder complaint against me after I taking leave. What I should I do in this situation?
A: You should file a complaint in Ministry of Labour if your salary is delayed for two months or more. Insisting for taking unpaid leave is against the law. The employer is obliged to pay the worker’s salary as long as such a worker is on the employer’s sponsorship even if no work has been assigned. You should ask the sponsor to give you notice of unpaid leave in writing. Then only you can defend yourself in case the sponsor file an absconder complaint against you.  

Address of Tas'heel Centers in Dubai
Al Nukhba Business Centre
Matar Plaza, Qusais, Near Mai Tower
Tel. 04-259 9990
Immigration Counter also available there

Itqan Businessmen Services

Opp. Al Mulla Plaza, Tel. 04-232 7333

Tas'heel Business Centre
Ground Floor, Al Tawar Centre
Tel. 04-263 5588

OnTime Business Solutions
Oud Metha Road
Tel. 04-397 7776

Al Reaya Services
Near Oasis Centre
Sheikh Zayed Road
Tel. 04-346 7991

Estemarat Services
Muraqabat Street, Opp. Coral Deira Hotel
Tel. 04-704 4900

Mu'amala Businessmen Service Center
First Floor, Hyat Regency Hotel, Near Shindaga Tunnel, Dubai
Tel. 04-250 5566

DXB Businessmen Services
First Floor, Al Khail Mall, Al Qouze-4, Dubai
Tel. 04-321 3000

Tas'heel Centre Timing: Saturday to Thursday 7:30am to 7:00pm
Tel. 04-283 8800
Related Pages
Annual Leave
Ban-1 Year
Clearance Letter from Employee While he is in Service
Bank Guarantee Refund
Emergency Leave
Employment Ban
Employment visa during Ban
Employment rules
Employment Visa
Haj Leave
Labour Contract
Labour Contract Amendment
Labour Contract FAQs
Labour Contract New (After Entry)
Labour Dispute
Labour Establishment Card
Labour Fees Information
Labour Card Fine Calculator
Labour Guarantee Refund
Labour Law
Limited Contract
Lost Labour Card
Maternity Leave
Non-competition clause
Notice Period
Occupational Disease
Part-time Visa
Probation Period
Profession Change
Reasons of Work Permit rejection
Salary increment
Severance Payment
Sick Leave
Tasheel Centers
Visa Cancellation
Visa Transfer
Work Permit
Work Permit for relative Sponsored
Work Permit rejection

What is abscond case? How can we file abscond case against an employee? After how many days of absence we can report run-away case against a worker? What are the documents required to lodge run-away complaint at Ministry of Labour? Where should I report about employee's abscond? Should I report at Ministry of Labour and Immigration about employee's abscond? Should I pay air ticket fare at Immigration when I report abscond case at Immigration? What are the documents required to report abscond case? Where can I type abscond application from? What are the procedures to cancel abscond case? How can I remove abscond complaint from Ministry of Labour?

Immigration Services

Family Visa


  Back |

Printer-Friendly version

Print Page  | Email this article



Tell a Friend

തിരുവനന്തപുരം UAE കോണ്‍സുലേറ്റില്‍ വിസ നടപടിക്രമങ്ങള്‍ക്കായി പോകുന്നവര്‍ക്ക് ആവശ്യമായ മെഡിക്കല്, അപ്പോയ്ന്‍റ്മെന്‍റ്, മെഡിക്കല്‍ സര്‍ട്ടിഫിക്കറ്റ് അറ്റസ്റ്റേഷന്, ക്രഡിറ്റ്കാര്‍ഡ് വഴി കോണ്‍സുലേറ്റില്‍ പണം അടക്കല്, താമസം, യാത്ര തുടങ്ങിയ സേവനങ്ങള്‍ക്ക് ബന്ധപ്പെടുക.  read more
Explore International 
+91-953 90 51 386
+91-894 33 28 266



Welcome to First Gate Business Service

Affidavit for Child's Passport | Affidavit for Maid Visa-Indian Consulate | Attestation | Ban-1Year | Business Set-Up in Dubai | Certificate Attestation | Change of Name | Change of Spouse Name | Cheque Bounce | Consulate Procedures for Maid Visa | Consulate Works-Ind | Credit Card Debt | Damaged Passport | Date of Birth Correction Death Cert. Attestation | ECNR | Embassies & Consulates | Employment ban | Employment Contract-Ind.Consulate | Employment Visa-UAE | Employment rules-UAE | FAQs-Visa | Family Visa Abu Dhabi | Family Visa-Ajman | Family Visa-Dubai | Family Visa Sharjah | Fines-UAE | Immigration Clearance | Important Telephone Numbers-Dubai | Indian Maid- Change Visa inside UAE | India Tourist Visa | International Driving Permit-Dubai | Investor Visa-Dubai | Labour Dispute-UAE | Labour Law-UAE | Legalization at UAE Embassy | LLC formation-Dubai | Loss of Passport-Dubai | Maid Visa-UAE | Marriage Solemnization at Indian Consulate-Dubai | Medical Test-Dubai | Mission Visa-UAE | MoH & DoH Exams | Multiple Entry Visa-Dubai | Municipality Exam for Engineers-Dubai | NRI Certificate | OK to Board | Online Service | Passport Lost | PCC Attestation-UAE Embassy Delhi | PCC-India | PCC Out of Country-Dubai | Pharmacist Exam-UAE | Re-entry-UAE | Salary Certificate Attestation-Dubai | Saudi Visa | Servant Visa-UAE | Sharjah Visa rules | Surrender of Indian Passport | Tatkaal Passport | TC Attestation-Consulate-Dubai | Tourist Visa-UAE | Translation | UAE Embassies World-wide | Umrah Visa | Undertaking for Studies | Visa for Step-child-Dubai | Visa on Arrival-Dubai | Visa on Arrival-India | Visa on Arrival-Qatar | Visas of two countries | Visit Visa-UAE | Will Attestation-Dubai | Work in UAE | Work Permit-UAE | more


Explore International , 2nd Floor, City Tower, Pandikkad Road, Opp. KTA Gents Planet, MANJERI, Malappuram Dt, Kerala, India.
Tel. +91 - 953 90 51 386, 894 33 28 266 Email: exploreprocess@gmail.com, www.allprocess.in

Head Office: Dubai, U.A.E. www.visaprocess.ae